Happy (almost) Halloween! Are you already stressing out about the amount of treats that are bound to be consumed next weekend? I always have a hard time with self control during special occasions, but I don’t want to completely deprive myself of the festive activities. I modified a recipe I found on Vital Proteins Instagram page to make these little spiders on honey oat “beds” and they are uhhhmazing! They are free of refined sugar, rich enough that you are satisfied after one, and so stinking cute that everyone will notice them first when you bring them to a Halloween party!
I made the double chocolate peanut butter cups a few hours in advance to ensure they had fully hardened before assembling the spiders on their beds. This recipe makes approximately 20 spiders!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
2 cups dark chocolate, melted
2 tbsp natural Peanut Butter
1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch sea salt
-peanut butter cup molds or mini cupcake liners on a baking sheet
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Transfer chocolate into piping bag or sandwich baggie and snip a small hole in a corner.
- Line mold or liners with chocolate. Make sure the bottoms and sides are covered and set in fridge. I used 3-4 mini cupcake liners layered to make sure it was stiff enough to hold the shape.
- When chocolate is setting in fridge, mix peanut butter, honey, vanilla, protein powder, and salt in a small bowl. Take chocolate out of the fridge and put a small piece of peanut mixture in each cup. Top with chocolate and tap baking sheet or mold to smooth out the top layer of chocolate. Place in fridge or freezer to set.
Honey Oat Beds
2 cups oats, blended into a flour (small bits are ok)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 tsp honey vanilla
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Blitz oats in blender for about 45 seconds. Add all ingredients except the candy eyeballs to your food processor/high powered blender and pulse until it has formed a dough like consistency (small chunks of oats are a-ok!)
- Roll into small balls and flatten into circles about half the size of your palm.
- Unwrap your chocolate pb cups and use the melted chocolate to glue them to the honey oat beds. Use the chocolate to draw eight legs onto each spider and “glue” two eyes to each.
- Enjoy your spooky spiders!