Your heart loves harder when it’s beating twice as hard – M
When you think of “date night,” things like going out for dinner, catching a movie or a play, getting ice cream on a hot summers day, and the list goes on. Most of these things have two things in common – they usually cost money and generally, they aren’t beneficial for your health. I challenge you to find something new to try with your partner that is free and healthy! This past week, my boyfriend and I went on two dates. Our first date was a 40 km (24.8 mile) bike ride and our second was running 160 flights of stairs. At the end of our first bike ride we both looked at each other and we felt more in love than ever. There is something about doing something that is physically challenging together that brings a whole new level to date night. Not only do you get to spend quality time together, but at the end of your date you will be so proud of each other, so high on endorphins, and believe me – you will feel so grateful that you finished that challenge with someone special next to you.
Here are some fun ideas for you and your lovebug!
- Roller skating! Remember the last time you went roller blading? Me neither! It will be a fun flashback and a great way to get some extra cardio in!
- Skating – it may be too warm where you live now, but there might be a chance to go out for one last skate of the season! What’s more romantic than skating hand-in-hand with some hot cocoa?
- Walking. Get outside and enjoy the view. Walking is such an easy form of exercise and it’s a low enough intensity that you will be able to get to know each other better without the distractions of a busy restaurant! Perfect for a new couple!
- Swimming – the weather is warming up & soon enough we will be able to go for a dip in a lake! Definitely a fun way to spend the day in the sun, just remember your sunscreen!
- Bike rides – one of my personal favourites! Try to find bike paths in your area and plan a 10km route together. If it’s a quiet day you’ll likely be able to bike side-by-side and chit chat along the way!
- Take a hike! Whether it’s a stroll near the river or summiting a mountain, hiking has always been a favourite date night for me. You will need each other’s encouragement to reach your goal – you will need patience for when your partner is challenged – you will NEED each other to get to the top. It might be a little crazy, but multi-day hikes with my partner have been some of the best times we have spent together – we built trust, got to know each other even better in the silence of nature, and our relationship became stronger than ever before!
- HIIT. Although you won’t likely be talking during High Intensity Interval Training, HIIT is a great workout to do together (google partner HIIT workouts!) and really get your heart rate up – more endorphins, more love!
Please comment and share what you do for a fun & healthy date night! I can’t wait to hear what you have planned!
Half way done our bike ride!
Our view from where we ran stairs!